Friday, September 6, 2013

How can I make an appointment with Mrs. Wessels

Throughout the school year, students often have issues that come up that they would like to talk with me about.  To ensure that I meet with each student in a timely manner, I use counselor request form the student will fill out and place in my box outside my office.  This allows me to know when the student submitted the request as well as how urgent the problem might be.  Thanks to the Savy Counselor, I will be using a form that helps students visualize how big is the problem.  Parents may also use this form to make appointments with me as well as email and calling directly.


http://savvyschoolcounselor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Referral-Form-Newest2.jpg 

How to Choose a Rock

Small Rock
Choose a small rock for issues you feel are minor

Medium Rock
Choose a medium rock if the issue isn't major, but you really would like to get it resolved soon.
(Friendship concerns, family concerns)

Large Rock
Choose large rock if the issue is URGENT! This includes a death in the family (including a pet), major family changes (divorce/separation), bullying, strong mad or sad feelings.